How productive do you find yourself being on a daily basis? I have been working on this for a long time and I am finally at the point that I feel like I am making progress but this has taken 2 years and a lot of trial and error. I love sharing tips with you all hoping that they will help you in your entrepreneur journey. So here they are:
- Be realistic about how much you can do in a day. I only set 3-4 tasks for myself, I plan these a week in advance and cross them off as I finish them
- Give yourself a deadline. I have been aiming to finish my day at around 4pm so I can fit in some ME time (FYI I don’t start till around 11am) before switching to my wife role
- Pause and take breaks. I am trying really hard to stop and take more breaks to avoid getting stressed and anxious. Timing yourself forces you to be more aware and conscious of making this happen.
- Monitor your time. I’ve been timing myself and have realised, I can get a lot done in a short time which makes me feel really good about my progress.
- Be kind to yourself. This I have to keep reminding myself about because it isn’t a natural habit for someone who has been really hard on themselves most of their life.
- Switch on your I am my own boss mindset. This has taken a while and is a daily effort. We chose to work for ourselves, we can chose how we want to work and we can decide what we do and don’t want to do. Years of following a conventional way of working makes this a challenge but isn’t impossible. If you want to be your own boss, step into those shoes.
If you work for yourself and are looking for help with planning and organising your time better as well as help with creating a better balanced life, get in touch! I love advising on this and helping other women create a happier, healthier way of working.