The second part of my Content Ideas (For your blog) series is focussed on the goal of drawing your customer closer to you. A really good way to do this is by helping them get to know the brand better, this will help to build a stronger connection and acts as a really interesting read, it’s also content that will be very unique to you. Finally, it gives you something to talk about and can act as a great way to build a variety of Social Media posts that will help bulk up your Social Media plan.
To help you understand what this kind of Blog Post would look like, I have done an example below. In this case, as I am the brand, my 5 things will revolve around getting to know me.
Blog Post: 5 Things you didn’t know about Renu Ravalia
- I am a middle child and I have 2 sisters, one is based in London and the other in Nigeria. Therefore, I have visited Nigeria twice and I absolutely loved it!
- I used to write content for online fashion magazines FashionBeans and Push It. I would love to get back in the Fashion Writing and this is one of my goals for 2018.
- Although I work in Digital Marketing now, I actually studied psychology and spent my early career working for non profit organisations. To this day, human behaviour still fascinates me.
- I meditate daily, twice a day. Meditation is a massively important part of my daily routine, as is spirituality.
- My favourite food in the whole world is Chinese and more specifically Dim Sum, I could eat a Char Sui Pork Bun any time of the day. (although traditionally Dim Sum is only served at lunch time)
Tip: Don’t forget this is a good opportunity to also use a selection of key words related to your product/service to improve your SEO.